School is back in, football season is right around the corner, and we’re so excited to see all of the new faces around Parker 301! We hope everyone’s getting along great with your new roommates and neighbors. There are also several new faces around the office. We have a new General Manager, Assistant General Manager, and Leasing Manager. Come say hi to Natalie, Robyn, and Ki’Neisha when you get a chance!
Also, don’t forget to check out our social media. For those that are new, this is a great way to stay caught up on events, leasing specials, and other announcements throughout the year. We’re doing WEEKLY giveaways with tons of opportunities to win, so don’t miss out!
- For all new residents, don’t forget to take advantage of all the wonderful amenities you have access to on the property. We have a resort-style pool, a fully equipped fitness center, a recreation room, and a Mac computer lab with a private study room. Additionally, we have many outdoor amenities, including a sand volleyball court, an outdoor tennis court, and two recreation fields.
- Don’t want to drive to class? Lucky for you, we’re close enough to walk and bike to class! If you prefer wheels, we also have a shuttle that stops on the 13th and 39th minutes of every hour from 7 a.m.–7 p.m. at the bus stop at the front of the property. Our shuttle goes to three different places on campus, including the northeast commuter lot, the bus hub, and Denny Chimes.
- Smoking in your apartment is NOT allowed. Doing so can carry significant fines per resident and lead to eviction. There is no smoking allowed in the lobby, clubhouse, parking garage, stairwells, elevator, or within 30 feet of any entry door to the buildings.
- Guests are to be accompanied by a resident at all times while on the property. Allowing your guests in the amenities or around the property unaccompanied can result in both fines and loss of guest privileges. Each resident is allowed NO MORE THAN TWO GUESTS, including in the pool area.
- If you’re locked out of your apartment, call the office and press 9 for one of our on-call Community Assistants to assist you. We’re available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Reminders & Updates
Office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m.
Work orders should be submitted online via the resident portal, or in person or over the phone at the front office. Please be as specific as possible when you submit a work order. The more details our maintenance team has, the better they can serve you! If you have questions about how to access the portal or your login information, please contact the office.
Electricity bills are split per the number of residents in each apartment. Bills will be posted to your account by the 1st of each month, so please make your payment when you pay your monthly installment. Remember, you can write one check for rent and electricity charges. If you have any questions, see the management office.
Rent is due on the 1st every month. Late fees are applied if rent is not received by 6 p.m. on the 4th.
If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or about your account, please contact Robyn Davis, our AGM, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any resident/roommate conflict-related issues and event idea submissions, please reach out to Jade, our Resident Director, or email her at email@example.com. We love to hear about anything we can do to make your life here even better.
Tips on Living with Roommates!
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there’s actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle these situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting: Set up a time for all roommates to get together and have a proactive conversation about each person’s preferences and expectations when it comes to cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others belongings or food, etc.
- Be open minded: You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space: Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having space to themselves once in a while. Make sure you’re sharing time in common areas and respecting each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out: Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before it gets out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation. Passive-aggressive behaviors won’t help.
- Divide responsibilities: While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide other responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone plays their part.
- Use conflict resolution backup: While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. The management team is trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process if necessary, but is also happy to provide you with tips and tools to handle it yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care about each other’s well-being, the many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
Community Events Calendar
Bama Fan Pack Giveaway — All Month — Football season is here! We’re starting the 2017–2018 season wide open with all of you by offering a Bama Fan Pack Giveaway this month. Just follow us on social media, write a good review, and come by the office to say hello. When you do all of these, you can fill out a ticket and be entered to win! Drawing will be on September 30.
Fitness & Fresh Smoothies — September 6 from 2–4 p.m. — September is self-improvement month! Come down to the fitness center for a fitness presentation and fresh smoothies prepared by your favorite CAs. We’ll also be giving away an Apple Watch to one of the lucky participants!
Free Treat Friday — September 8 from 3–5 p.m. — Did you know that September is National Blueberry Popsicle Month? Well good news — we’re going to have Steel City Pops out by the pool with fresh blueberry pops for everyone!
Treat Yo’ Self Tuesday — September 12 from 6–8 p.m. — CA Lauren will be hosting an old-fashioned ice cream bar with a delicious topping bar on the side! There will also be a photo booth with mustaches and other props for you and your friends to take pictures and be featured on our social media platforms.
National Cream-Filled Donut Day — September 14 from noon–3 p.m. — Come celebrate National Cream-Filled Donut Day with us, hosted by CA Jonah! We’ll have a Krispy Kreme donut bar set up for all of you to come and meet your new office staff and neighbors.
Tuesday Tie-Dye — September 19 from 4–6 p.m. — Come make your own masterpiece with CA Mady out by the pool to relax and unwind on your Tuesday afternoon! T-shirts will be provided.
Parker 301 Flag Football Tournament — September 21 from 4–6 p.m. — Get ready — this is going to be intense! Our first official flag football tournament will take place in the green space. Participants will receive a free pizza dinner, and the winning team will receive $100 gift cards each! Teams of five, so start preparing.
Good Morning Monday — September 25 — This morning, we’ll be offering free breakfast in the office to start your week off right! Bring your roomies, come hang out with CA Mady and enjoy donuts, waffles, fresh fruit, and coffee alongside your neighbors!